We are delighted to announce that this year's Siansa Gael Linn final will go ahead on Sunday 23 August. Unfortunately the National Concert Hall is not available as they have yet to decide on a date to reopen. We are however in negotiations with a few other venues who are willing to accomodate us and a final decision on the venue will be announced before next Friday 10 July.
Because of government and health authority rules the event will not be open to the public and only the 8 groups and some of their relations and/or friends will be able to attend. At the moment only 100 people are allowed to attend an event such as this. We will however be broadcasting the final live on Gael Linn's Facebook page and of course RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta will also be broadcasting the event live.
We are delighted to be able to proceed with this years event. Our priority was always to have a final for the groups who worked so hard to qualify. We also understand the disappointment of all traditional musicians who would normally be enjoying taking part in concerts and sessions that have been cancelled, Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann, Willie Clancy Week, and An tOireachtas to name but a few. This years Siansa final may not be as big an event as those of recent years in the National Concert Hall but there is no doubt it will be one of the most memorable ever to be held!
Listed below are the groups who have qualified for Craobh Siansa 2020.
1. Réidh – Ceoltóirí Chaisleán an Danair, Co. Loch Garman
2. Síoda – Gairmscoil Chúl Átha, Co. Sligigh
3. Geantraí – Baile Átha an Rí, Co. na Gaillimhe
4. Ildánach – Caisleán an Bharraigh, Co. Mhaigh Eo
5. Cuisle – Gort Lomán, Co. an Chláir
6. Blaist – Gaelcholáiste Choilm, Baile an Chollaigh, Co. Chorcaí
7. Bríomhar – Cill Chabháin, Co. Laoise agus Uíbh Fhailí
8. Acomhal – Oileán an Ghuail, Co. Thír Eoghain
Comhghairdeas leo uile!